Bamboo is one of the most preferred materials when it comes to eco friendly constructions. It can grow very fast and can be found in abundance in Asia, Africa and American regions. Be it for building furniture or houses, this material is highly sought after for its amazing properties.
Though wood and concrete are majorly used for constructing homes, bamboos can also be used for building. Not just interiors but for exteriors too. The strength and other qualities of this material, makes it suitable for different types of constructions.
Why A Bamboo House
There are many reasons why one can opt for an Eco friendly bamboo home. Some of them are listed below:
- Breathe – Bamboos are a part of the grass family, hence can generate oxygen unlike stone or concrete. Research shows bamboos can emit 37% more oxygen than other trees. When your house is built out of bamboos, the air you and your family breathe in is cleaner and fresher.
- Purifies – Bamboos can absorbs more carbon monoxide, thereby purifying the air around you more effectively. With the high levels of pollution today, the level of carbon monoxide in the atmosphere has increased drastically and breathing it in, though inevitable, is not healthy.
- Health Benefits – Since you get to breathe in fresher air every day, you stand to benefit immensely, health wise. You and your family will suffer lesser health issues as cleaner air will also help in boosting your immunity.
- Natural – Bamboos grow at a very fast rate, without any fertilizers. This makes it easy to cultivate them organically. Since the material used around your home is organic and is free of pesticides, your surrounding is naturally cleaner and safer.
- Water Areas –Bamboos are preferred in water prone areas where the soil is weak and cannot have concrete structures. Since bamboo houses have gaps in them, if strong water currents were to hit the house, the water will flow through the house rather than hit it, which is the case with concrete and wooden houses. When there is lesser resistance, your house will not get washed away.
There are different kinds of windows that are used during the construction of your home. Windows are an integral part of a house as they allow the entry of natural light to brighten up your homes during the day hours and permit air inside to keep the entire place dry and fresh. Apart from these advantages windows also help define the style quotient of your house, whether it is a modern home or a traditional one. Customizing windows to suit your interiors, taste, décor, and needs are absolutely easy and can be taken care of by experts in the fields. Among all, there are 2 types of windows which are very popular in the London –
- Double-Hung Windows
- Single -Hung Windows
These are those type of sash windowsthat slide vertically up and down in the frame to open or close the window. They can also be opened from the top or the bottom, without protruding either towards the interior or the exterior of the house. This type of window can be used throughout the house as the main type of window unit to enhance the entire look of your house.
These windows are a lot like double -hung windows but the major difference is that these from the bottom. this type of window is quite popular in many London homes as they are very compatible with all kinds of interiors and can be used throughout the house. Also,these types of windows are available in a variety of styles and also in a wide budget range.
It is very important to choose the windows of your home with a lot of care and thought as they can literally make or break the overall appearance of your home. With the number of options available in the market make the best choice that suits your tastes and needs.
When we think of refurbishing the interiors of our home, the first thoughts that cross our mind is a change in furniture, change in paints and general décor of the rooms. These may cost a lot. What many of us fail to notice is that a colourful upholstery revamps of any space can sometimes transform a dull place into a vibrant one and change the entire look and feel of the room in question.
When I began to look for fabric upholstery, I came across a wide selection with regards to materials and designs. When it comes to the materials they are usually categorized into two:
- Natural Fabrics and
- Synthetic Fabrics.
Natural Fabrics: Cotton, Cotton Blends, Silk, Linen, Wool, Leather are some popular choices in this category.
Synthetic Fabrics: Nylon, Polyester, Rayon, Vinyl, Acrylic, Acetate are a few which belong here.
There is a lot of choices available and I got my upholstery fabrics here after considering the following points:
- The theme of your interior design, the style of furniture and the functional use of home fittings and furnishings is very important before you decide to do an upholstery revamp.
- Choose a material that you find easy to clean and maintain and most importantly symbolizes your style and line of thought. Pick a material that suits your lifestyle demands. If you are someone who cleans often and is meticulous cottony white may work well for you. But if you have pets and small children, then you going for an easy maintenance like leather or nylon makes sense.
- Choose a fabric pattern and color that liven up your space and reflects your unique touch and sense of style.
- It is important to buy your upholstery from a place that offers you variety and good quality at decent prices.
So, do your research and decide on a theme and budget; you will find plenty to choose from in the best prices.
Our home is like a dream that we actually get to live with. We create it in a beautiful way because we know that it is going to keep our family safe and comfortable. Knowing that it is the ultimate place for us to take shelter, we try our level best to maintain it perfectly so that it appears spic and span all the time. Living room to dining area, kitchen to bedroom and bathroom to backyard, all the sections of a house need maintenance every now and then. This is why it gets important for us to know some of the best tricks to clean our home, especially backyard.
Tips to keep the backyard clean
Your garden area or backyard at home can actually be the most captivating section of the house. That is the area which attracts most of the visitors as it offers opens space for sitting and moving around. This is why we should ensure to keep it maintained all the time. Here are some of the simplest ideas that can help you in cleaning your backyard in the most convenient and quick way.
- Lighting: The first step is to ensure that there are good lights installed in the backyard. This will keep the area well-illuminated and help you spot the dirty areas quickly.
- Keep the surface even: Ensure that the surface of the lawn or backyard is not uneven because this might affect your balance while moving around. Also, it gives a very clean and maintained look to the area.
- Trim trees and shrubs: All the trees present in or surrounding your backyard should be trimmed time and again so that it does not drop its leaves on your ground. This might keep the backyard untidy and ill-maintained all the time.
- Watering: It is important that you keep watering the plants, grass and trees in your backyard to maintain the greenery. If this is not done, the area will soon go brown and dull.
- Hire a Gardner: If you have a huge backyard that involves a lot of trees and plants, then perhaps, you should plan on hiring a Gardner. This person will maintain your backyard on a regular basis, thus offering you some extra time to relax.
Maintain your backyard well, for it is that area where your family and friends will spend most of the fun times.
Today life has become so strained and hectic. You can rarely find a person who is without tension for some reason or the other. This, in turn, leads to both physical and mental stress. By the end of the day when you finish all your duties and chores for the day, all that one looks forward to is a comfortable bed when you can have a good night’s sleep to rejuvenate and refresh yourself. having a good and comfortable pillow can make this experience even more relaxing. Nowadays there is a huge variety of pillows available in the market which claim to have a lot of therapeutic benefits. One of the best pillows in this category is the bamboo pillow.
Benefits of Bamboo Pillows
Bamboo pillows are basically pillows with memory foam and which is covered with a bamboo cover. Memory foam is a material which has recently come into the limelight and is gaining a lot of popularity. This foam is different and much in demand because it has a special structure which allows it to respond the heat and weight of the person using it, It readily takes the shape of the head lying on it and prides excellent support to the neck muscles and relieving stress to a large extent. These pillows are also known to relieve certain pressure points in the human body The bamboo cover further compliments the memory foam to give it a cool, luxurious and sophisticated feel.
Guide to buying a good Bamboo Pillow
- It should be comfortable and conform to the shape and size of your head and neck
- It should be of a good quality and provide better airflow.
- Durability is another aspect that needs to be looked into. Your pillow should last you for at least 12months.
A good quality pillow can greatly contribute to a good night’s rest and there is nothing better than a bamboo pillow for you to choose from.
Whenever we are out in the market to buy a product for our use, we ensure to go through a lot of factors. For instance, when we plan on purchasing a new car, we research on different aspects such as the mileage it offers, the engine capacity, boot space, leg room, and more. The most important thing here to understand is that this research is not required only for big expensive products. When it comes to buying even small items for our use such as furniture or even toothpaste, we make sure to search reviews for the same. So, when we cannot ignore the need for researching while buying such tiny items, why should we skip on going through reviews while selecting a mini fridge for our use.
Factors to check while buying a mini fridge
If you are looking for the perfect guide to find out what factors should be considered while purchasing a mini fridge, you have certainly landed at the right place. Listed below are some of the important aspects that affect your purchase of a mini fridge.
- Size of the fridge: You need to ensure that the mini fridge you are considering to buy will fit well in the space you are planning to place it. It should not be too big or even too small for its positioning.
- Enough battery back-up: Remember to check the battery capacity the fridge is offering. It should be able to get charged quickly and should offer battery back-up of at least 4-5 hours. You can buy mini fridges that do not offer battery back-ups, but that would fail the purpose of buying it in many ways.
- Internal space: You should check how many compartments are available inside the fridge and if there is enough space to place bottles as well as other food items in it. It should not be too compact that it hardly allows you to place 2-3 bottles.
Keep this guide to mini fridges in mind and make sure to pick the right one that would serve your purpose the best way.
Many changes come into our life as we grow and indulge ourselves in different stages of it. Once we start taking steps on our own, we enter a school, college, workplace, and then finally, a home that we create for ourselves and our family on our own. This is the time when we tend to provide as many things as possible for our comfort and luxury. Here is a checklist that you should follow when moving into our designing your own home.
Check all connections
It is very significant for you to confirm if all the connections, be it for water or electricity, are functioning properly. New or old houses might be having few connections that must not be functioning appropriately. It is your job to get them fixed before you move in with your luggage. All old switches should be replaced with new ones as they might turn out to be dangerous and cause threat to the people living in the house. Similarly, all kinds of pipelines should be checked and replaced if any major breakages are found. In addition to this, ensure to find out if there is any seepage in the walls.
Security of the building
Wherever you are moving in, be a society or an independent residential area; make sure to find out the security history of that place. You should know if any thefts had been carried out in that area in the past and how the residential committee helped the victims with that. Check how the security teams in the locality work and if they provide a secure environment for the residents or not. At times we end up ignoring such issues and pay back immensely when bad times fall.
This is what most of us wait for eagerly while moving into a new home. Design your home keeping in mind the current trends and ensure to leave some empty spaces too so that the house looks spacious enough. From sofa sets to wall paintings, curtains to decorative, air-conditioners to refrigerators, and microwave to mixer grinder, buy all these essentials keeping the house space in mind and get them installed in a way so that they can be used adequately without taking much place.
When your dog is between 4 and 6 months old and you notice her behave peculiarly towards other dogs when you take her out or she is extremely alert or irritable, you must do a little screening to understand if she is going through any accompanying physical changes.
Perhaps, you have seen her licking or paying too close attention to her back side or to the vulva and it may seem to you to be swelling up. When you notice this, it is likely that the dog is feeling uncomfortable in that phase an she may be having bleeding or any other kind of discharge that can make her feel very spent or lethargic. She may even have emotional mood swings or feel very irritable at times.
When you notice such growing up pains you can be sure that the dog is going through a phase of estrus. The estrus is the sign that the female hormone estrogen is being produced in the body and the eggs are getting ready and that the dog is now ready to mate and it is usually between four and six months for smaller breeds and 18 to 24 months for the bigger ones.
Consult a vet:
If the signs are confusing you it will do you good to consult your vet because it is not highly recommended to let the dog mate during its first one or two cycles. A vet will do a clinical non invasive smear test to determine if the dog is good to mate.
The cleanliness in the place is paramount:
The house will be needed to be kept in a good condition and since there is a discharge from the dogs inner parts, there are chances that it can be affected by fleas, maggots r other insects and bacteria. As a responsible pet owner you will need to keep its surrounding s clean so that he does not have any more stressful conditions, the estrus and the heat itself is quite stressful for them.
For all aspiring bodybuilders and so-called muscle men gaining weight is a major issue. It is almost next to impossible to just increase weight by sticking to only dietary sources for the required weight gain. So, it becomes more than necessary to choose a supplement to help to reach the desired weight. With so many products available in the market it becomes difficult to decide which is the most suitable product to increase weight. The most asked question in this context is whether it better to take mass gainers or whey proteins to increase weight. To answer this question, you must first know the difference between mass gainer and whey protein.
What is a mass gainer?
A mass gainer is a calorie dense nutritional supplement with adequate amounts of carbs, sufficient proteins and added vitamins and minerals. Fats are also present in minute amounts. Most mass gainers have carbs and proteins in the ratio 3:1, which really helps in attaining weight increasing goals. The increased calories are needed to increase both muscle and weight.
Certain mass gainers are further fortified with creatine and glutamine both essential in the process of muscle building.
What is a whey protein?
A whey protein is purely a protein supplement that provides 99% of thebioavailability of protein to the body. The protein in whey protein is derived from milk. Along with protein, a whey protein supplement is also packed with several other micro-nutrients like vitamins and minerals. Whey protein is recommended for both bodybuilders as well as athletes to help in building muscle mass. Depending solely on dietary sources to increase muscle mass is quite a difficult task so those who need to build muscle mass have to take protein supplements like whey protein along with other protein rich food to achieve their goal of muscle building.
To gain weight alone, it is advised to take a mass gain supplement and for those who want to add only muscle to their bodies should opt for whey protein.
There may be times when you go to buy furniture and nothing seems appealing enough. You want to own something in a specific style to suit the needs of your home and you cannot find it. This is when you must think about making your own furniture.
The pride of owning furniture that you have built yourself is unmatched. It will also help you achieve big savings on the money.
The process of making your own furniture may seem overwhelming for a first timer. Here are some tips to help you through the process: 1. Get a plan ready: Think through the process and decide if it is something you can manage to complete. Assess your skill and interest levels before you begin to ensure that you do not stop the project midway.
Calculate the amount and type of wood and supplies that you need for the furniture. Make sure that the time and money that you are spending is worth a substantial amount of saving.
2. Get the right tools: Do not get tempted to go and buy the most expensive set of tools. Buy the essential tools first and add more as you along. That will give the best idea about the tools you really require.
You could also consider renting some tools and buying them once you are skilled enough to use it. For example, you may feel that this chainsaw is ideal and buy it, but it is better to use and master the simpler tools first.
3. Start small: Start with a small project so that you are well versed with the basics. It could also help you learn about the basic tools and techniques. You could move on to bigger projects once you are confident of your skills and techniques.
4. Complete the product: Completing the project is important but it is also important to complete them so they have a professional finish. The final finishing touches are important so that you can be proud of your product. It is best not to rush through it.
Always keep in mind to accept mistakes if any and move on. Asking for advice when you need it will help you make a good product. Be patient to practice and you will be proud of your very own customized piece of furniture.