A cleaning business requires a variety of cleaning products and equipment to give that perfect squeaky clean-up of any given space or surface. And this can be all too elusive. For your services to shine bright you need the right product to give that sparkly cleaning which everyone so desires. Choosing the right products and equipment is probably the all-important decision you’ll make when you’re ready to setup your own cleaning business.
The decision to choose any product or brand and equipment is largely based on:
- The effectiveness of the product in doing the job.
- The value-for-money and cost efficiency that comes with the product.
- The simplicity of use and
- The safe usage of the product.
The decision to include a product must be based on a few considerations:
- Is the product accompanied by a safety data sheet which contains all the relevant information on the ingredients used in the product, instructions on safe usage, potential hazard warnings and first-aid information in case of a misuse or accident.
- Do perform tests to verify the effectiveness of the product. This is very important to understand the strengths and weaknesses of the product and compare it with other brands in the market.
- Comply with the instructions for use and test for simple cleaning solutions. For the evaluation of sanitizing and disinfecting properties get it checked in a laboratory.
- It is also important to know that the product supports your business philosophy on safety.
- Verify whether supply and maintenance costs of the products and equipment are economically viable for you. Do check on the warranties and guarantees that are given for the product and their duration too.
- Check on the various supply chains to buy discounted cleaning supplies that are cost-effective and easiest to procure.
When you set out to choose products and equipment to achieve the best cleaning results while complying with the safety regulations and keeping a tab on the costs it is important to evaluate the different products available for a particular job and look beyond the marketing hype. It is necessary to make an informed decision based on the value-addition of every cleaning product and equipment one uses in their cleaning business.