While traveling back home after an eventful and busy day, probably we all think of the same thing. A cup of tea or coffee on a cozy couch! And why not, especially if you have it in the privacy of your bedroom. Of all the pieces of furniture in the bedroom, a couch is mostly used. I absolutely love mini couches for my bedroom, they add a great deal of comfort to my personal space.
Remember to consider these when buying a couch
- Bedroom size and style – Know the exact size of your bedroom before making the purchase. In addition, decide beforehand which style suits the space better. From classic, chic to modern, there are plentiful options.
- Theme and color – Match the layering fabric with the upholstery of the room. Contrast too is quite in these days, provided you are up to experiment.
- Quality – Don’t skimp here. A good quality couch will stand the test of time. Incase you are re-vamping the décor; a good quality couch will not fail to fit somewhere else in the house.
- Budget – A little search can help you get what you want in your budget. No fretting is needed if your favorite design necessitates huge amount of money. You can get it made, instead of buying it ready to use.
On a rainy day, when you demand some time for self, a couch overlooking a window in the bedroom satiates all. You can coil or stretch, take a nap or read; a couch will comfort you in all ways. Not every time do you like to dive in the bed, and for those periods, couched are the best.
Choosing a piece of furniture can be tedious, because all you need is to reflect your own style in it. So, go for something unconventional and unique.
When we think of refurbishing the interiors of our home, the first thoughts that cross our mind is a change in furniture, change in paints and general décor of the rooms. These may cost a lot. What many of us fail to notice is that a colourful upholstery revamps of any space can sometimes transform a dull place into a vibrant one and change the entire look and feel of the room in question.
When I began to look for fabric upholstery, I came across a wide selection with regards to materials and designs. When it comes to the materials they are usually categorized into two:
- Natural Fabrics and
- Synthetic Fabrics.
Natural Fabrics: Cotton, Cotton Blends, Silk, Linen, Wool, Leather are some popular choices in this category.
Synthetic Fabrics: Nylon, Polyester, Rayon, Vinyl, Acrylic, Acetate are a few which belong here.
There is a lot of choices available and I got my upholstery fabrics here after considering the following points:
- The theme of your interior design, the style of furniture and the functional use of home fittings and furnishings is very important before you decide to do an upholstery revamp.
- Choose a material that you find easy to clean and maintain and most importantly symbolizes your style and line of thought. Pick a material that suits your lifestyle demands. If you are someone who cleans often and is meticulous cottony white may work well for you. But if you have pets and small children, then you going for an easy maintenance like leather or nylon makes sense.
- Choose a fabric pattern and color that liven up your space and reflects your unique touch and sense of style.
- It is important to buy your upholstery from a place that offers you variety and good quality at decent prices.
So, do your research and decide on a theme and budget; you will find plenty to choose from in the best prices.